About the Program:
- B.E Computer Science and Design (CSD) aims to develop students experienced with computing approaches, tools, and technologies, Design approaches and new Digital Media technologies. The program has a set of core courses in Computer Science and Design, and many electives which can be taken from Computer Science as well as Design and Digital Media.
- The program will prepare students to work in the IT industry as well as the digital media industry like gaming, animation, virtual/augmented reality, etc. The program will also allow students, who want to pursue higher studies in Computer Science / Information Technology or in Design.
The relevance of the program:
- Computer Science and Design is in high demand across the globe in the current era. The students will have the ability to design creative solutions in areas such as animation, AI powered gaming, virtual reality and augmented reality etc.
- Modern Tools and platforms are used to develop applications/products for new media design in areas like multimedia, animation, virtual reality, gaming etc.
- Opportunity in various disciplines for their career such as entertainment, arts, games, digital analytics, mobile application development, web/product design, cyber security, and other interactive industries around the world.
- Job roles include Software Engineer, Games Developer, 3D programmer, Web Developer, Programmer, Cyber-Security Consultant, Data Engineer, Database Graphics Designer, Information Systems Manager, Multimedia Programmer, Machine Learning Engineer, Mobile Application Developer and Systems Architect.
- Different sectors available are Government Organization, IT Industry, Education, and Research.
- Students can pursue higher studies in Computer Science / Information Technology or in Design.
To provide quality education in Computer Science and Design Engineering and research for the betterment of the society.
- Promoting students as computer and design experts to meet the expectations of the industry.
- Offering holistic learning environment.
- Inculcating the skills of the students to make successful engineers and entrepreneurs.
- Establishing relationship with the industries for mutual knowledge transfer.
- Promoting Research activities related to industry and society.
- Offering computing and design services to the society.
|PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES|
|PEO – I||Graduates will succeed as Computer and design Engineers through the state of the art infrastructure by adopting high quality academic practices to meet the demands of academia, industry, and nation.|
|PEO – II||Graduates will work as team leaders and members with professional behavior and ethics.|
|PEO – III||Graduates will enhance their professional skills through higher studies, employability, and research activities for the benefit of the society.|
|1.||Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems. (Engineering Knowledge)|
|2.||Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences. (Problem analysis)|
|3.||Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations. (Design/development of solutions)|
|4.||Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions. (Conduct investigations of complex problems)|
|5.||Create, Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern IT tools including prediction and modeling to computing related complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations. (Modern tool usage)|
|6.||Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice. (The Engineer and society)|
|7.||Understand the impact of the professional computer science and design solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development. (Environment and sustainability)|
|8.||Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the computer science and design practice. (Ethics)|
|9.||Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings. (Individual and team work)|
|10.||Communicate effectively on complex computer science and design activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. (Communication)|
|11.||Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage cost effective projects in multidisciplinary environments.(Project management and finance)|
|12.||Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. (Life-long learning)|
|PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES|
PSO – 1
|Inculcate comprehensive knowledge in computing paradigm.|
PSO – 2
|Develop applications for new media design in the areas like multimedia, animation, virtual reality, and gaming.|
|1||Dr.G. Vaira Suganthi||B.E.,M.E.,Ph.D||Professor & Head|
|2||Mr.S.Arun Inigo||B.Tech.,M.Tech.,(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor|
|4||Ms.M.Fathima John||B.Tech.,M.E.,||Assistant Professor|