Dr.B.MEENAKSHI SUNDARAM , M.E.,Ph.D.,
CO-ORDINATOR, ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL
Mobile No: 9443570159
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrepreneurship Development Cell
In a world where ideas drive economies, it is no wonder that innovation and entrepreneurship are often seen as inseparable things. The governments around the world are starting to realize that in order to sustain progress and improve a country’s economy, the people have to be encouraged and trained to think out-of-the-box and be constantly developing innovative products and services. In order to train the students think laterally, the Institution has inaugurated Entrepreneurship Development Cell. It is not only for the benefit of our students but also for the local community, with the purpose of inculcating the spirit of ‘Entrepreneurship’ in youth and promoting micro enterprises for the most Educationally, Economically and Industrially backward rural region.
The Advisory Board will lay down policy guidelines, fixing up of physical and financial targets, suggesting measures for raising funds, effective utilization of facilities and expertise available within the Institution, and sourcing of expertise and facilities from other institutions in the region.
To be a Center of Excellence for Entrepreneurship Development Programmes by Quality Learning.
To create entrepreneurial culture among students and local community, to finally identify, train, motivate and develop “Technocrat Entrepreneurs” for generation of wealth and employment of our nation.
The main objective of this cell is to train and motivate the students and local community to become Job Creators rather than Job Seekers.
- To create an environment for self-employment and entrepreneurship development through formal and non-formal programmes.
- To foster better linkages between industries, institutions and other organizations engaged in promoting small and medium enterprises including NGOs.
- To develop management personnel at appropriate levels for the non-corporate and unorganized sectors like education, rural development, small-scale industry etc.
- To utilize the infrastructure facilities and technically trained manpower for the development of non-corporate and unorganized sectors.
- To promote employment opportunities and Technology based enterprises.
- To provide need-based consultancy services to industries.
Received Rs.6 Lakhs as grant in aid for the project of Entrepreneurship Development Cell from AICTE in the year 2011.
The cell is expected to promote Entrepreneurship related activities such as.,
- Entrepreneurship Awareness/Development Programmes on full time/part-time basis for final year students, alumni, educated unemployed and working professionals.
- Special courses for fresh diploma and degree studies from various disciplines for establishing an enterprise & its management.
- Skill development activities particularly catering to specific areas of requirement in that region.
- Enlightenment to take-up ‘Entrepreneurship’ as an alternative career.
- Solution for the problems of small business management & entrepreneurs.
- Training of entrepreneurs through variety of programmes.
- Continuing education needs of personnel in areas of technology and management.