Membership in Professional Bodies
IEEE STUDENT BRANCH
IEEE Student Branch provides a platform and opportunties to student members that will help to develop professionally and get identified in their designated fields of interest. In addition to access a range of membership benefits students will be encouraged in building global connections with people who can help you towards your targetted path. Our objective is to bridge the gap between industry and students studying in technology related fields.
CSI STUDENT CHAPTER
The CSI student chapter provides a unique platform for the overall technical development of the student community. The Computer Society of India is one of the largest and most professional association of IT professionals in India. The society started functioning in the year 1965 for the purpose of scientific and educational advancement of theory and practice of Computer &IT. Now the organization has grown to an evitable size of 30,000 members including software developers, Scientists, Academicians, CIO’s,CTO’s &IT vendors. Currently CSI has branches all over the country and plans to open many more chapters and activity centers to spread the knowledge and provide opportunities to as many interested as possible. Computer Society of India (CSI) student branch is very active in the college. One Faculty member in CSE Dept is coordinating the activities.
The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. First started in 1941 as the Association of Principals of Technical institutions (ATPI), it was converted into "Indian Society for Technical Education" in 1968 with a view to enlarge its activities to advance the cause of technological education. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organisations. Being the only national organisation of educator in the field of engineering and technology, ISTE is being represented in the various Technical Committees and Boards formed by the Central Government. The ministry of Human Resource Development, AICTE/DoE/State Govts. have also been involving the ISTE in many of their important programmes and activities relating to technical education. All the Faculty members of the college holds ISTE Life Membership.Objectives
The major objective of the ISTE are:
- To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
- To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
- To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
- To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
- To enhance professional ideals & standards.
- To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialista & professionals.
- To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
- To arrange, institute & award appropriate fellowships, prizes, scholarships & stipends in furthering the objectives of the ISTE.
Some of the activities of the ISTE are:
- Curriculum development & updating
- Summer/Winter schools for engineering teachers & practicing engineers
- Preperation of teacher-manuals & other instructional resource materials
- Continuing education for workinf professionals in selected areas
- Special short term industrial exposure programmes for teachers organised by industries in their premises
- Seminars/workshops/conferences on topics of relevance of technical education Computer education programmes
- Project review & evaluation
- Preparation of directories on technical education facilities/expertise
- Publication of a bi-monthly ISTE Newsletter
- Publication of a quarterly Indian journal of Technical Education
- Publication of ISTE Handbook
- Publication of learning materials in the area of Electronics & Computers.
- Publication of various monograms.