PEO and POs
Program Educational Objective 1
- • Demonstrate their skills in solving challenges in health care by the knowledge acquired in engineering.
Program Educational Objective 2
- • Exhibit leadership; make decisions with societal and ethical responsibilities effectively in multidisciplinary settings.
Program Educational Objective 3
- • Recognize the need for sustaining and expanding their technical competence throughout their careers.
- a) Apply knowledge of basic science, Biomedical, Mathematics and Engineering to solve the solution of complex engineering problems.[Engineering Knowledge]
- b) Identify, formulate and analyze complex problems in the field of biomedical engineering using principles of mathematics, natural, biological and engineering sciences.
- c) Design components, systems, or processes to meet the medical and health care needs within realistic constraints of economic, safety, cultural, societal, ethical and environmental considerations.
[Design and Development of Solutions]
- d) Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of medical equipments, analysis and interpretation of medical data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
[Conduct investigations of complex problems]
- e) Use the techniques and skills to develop products such as artificial organs, prostheses medical information system that solve medical and health related problems by combining their knowledge of biology and medicine with engineering principles and practices.
[Modern Engineering Tools]
- f) Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the biomedical engineering practice.
[The Engineer and Society]
- g) Understand the impact of the biomedical engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
[Environment and sustainability]
- h) Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- i) Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
[Individual and Team Work]
- j) Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- k) Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
[Project Management and Finance]
- l) Recognize the need for, and prepare to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change and contemporary issues.
- • Analyze, design and develop the systems to supplement and/ or assist the physiology of the human body.
- • Develop the mathematical model to understand the inter-relation among various Physiological systems.
Sethu Institute of Technology © 2020. All Rights Reserved. | Design by Web Team